Site moved to mirrormirrorblog.com/mirror_mirror/2012/04/mad-men-more-on-don-drapers-new-apartment.html, redirecting in 1 second...

« Things I Am Loving : Demakersvan Lace Fence | Main | The London Faberge Easter Egg Hunt »

10 April 2012

Mad Men: More On Don Draper’s New Apartment

 

 

don-draper-dining-room

 

It went a little crazy round these parts when I wrote my recent analysis of Don Draper’s new apartment, so for the 47% of you who watch Mad Men (and for the remaining 53%, why the heck don’t you?), here are some more great articles I’ve found online about his new digs.

Firstly the LA Times did a great interview with set designer Claudette Didul about how she put the look together, and including a list of shopping resources.

 

don-draper-kitchen

 

Secondly, the LA Times also did a piece on the reaction to Don’s new pad online and included a link to THIS.VERY. BLOGAnd they called me ‘astute’.  What a remarkably sensible and insightful paper the LA Times is! 

The divine Tula, shopping guru extraordinaire, wrote two great pieces.  One on how to recreate Don’s apartment in your own home and another on how you can channel your inner Megan.

 

don-drapers-living-room

 

And the ever fabulous Tom and Lorenzo are again doing their weekly episode by episode Mad Style round-ups, which focus mainly on the fashions, but also on the interiors and sets.  I swear only people who are more insightful and knowledgeable about the show are the writers and producers themselves.

   

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c7dce53ef016764dc94b2970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Mad Men: More On Don Draper’s New Apartment:

Comments

Congratulations on the LA TIMES MENTION!!!! How exciting! I'm thrilled for the progress of your blog. I feel connected to your success somehow after BYW and very excited about this whole journey.

1. i don't watch mad men because i'm not in the US.

2. so COOL you got a mention *and* a link on the LA Times web page!! woo hoo!

Is it on its fifth season now? I've only seen half of the fourth season because I'm busy. I like the fact that Don Draper became successful despite his imperfections - that’s very inspirational. Don Draper’s new apartment is sure to blow away a lot of people when they finally feature it in the scenes! I particularly like how spacious the apartment looks due to the arrangement of the furnishings.

Oh! The colors in the kitchen remind me of the Ecuador flag
(blue cupboards, yellow kettle, red cabinet). Don Draper’s dining table sure is
classy.

I think it's on its fifth season, @Colby Moore. Episode 10,
if I'm not mistaken.

Honestly, I don't have time for watching TV series lately, but I can relate to how beautiful this apartment is. I wonder how much did they spend to finish this. By the way, I chuckled while reading Kate's first sentence! The colors of the Ecuador flag really match the colors of your kitchen items. Haha!

The comments to this entry are closed.